Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Kaia's trip to the immunologist

Today we took Kaia back to see the Immunologist for a re-check. We both decided that her preventative antibiotic was helping, and it's been a good thing for the past couple of months (despite getting sick a couple of times). They did a check up and said that she's still showing many "atopic" signs, meaning that we need to watch very closely for allergies in her future. She doesn't have them now, but that doesn't mean that they won't appear. Her ear was also infected, so the plan is to keep her on the antibiotic for a another round, and then if her blood levels come back the same or better, we're going to test bringing her off of them for the summer months. If she starts getting sick again, we'll quickly change course. So now we're left eagerly awaiting her test results next week to see how them compare to the ones done 3 months ago. The hope is that they're improving.

No comments:

Post a Comment